Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gordon Ramsay's Scrambled Eggs


My mama often told me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. On working days, I would had a mug of hot chocolate with cookies or bread spread with thick peanut butter, in front of the laptop and screening through the never ending emails. 

Now that I'm into my second month of my break, one thing I'd like to do is to ditch the excuse: I never learned how to cook. "I never have the time" used to be my best excuse.

My gorgeous friend, Pauline, nominated me for a 5-day mug/cup challenge where one has to post what's in his/her mug/cup and name a nomination for the next 5 days. I thought it is a good opportunity to cook my own breakfast. 


I'm totally in the mood for good scrambled eggs today!First, I prepped and cooked the portobello mushrooms and and fresh vine tomatoes first and let it to cool. 



Using the same pan, I pan fried the sausage. I started on the eggs using a clean saucepan, and when they are almost done, I used the other pan to toast the English muffin. 



I plated everything by placing the sauteed mushrooms and scrambled eggs onto the English muffins, and pairing it with the sausage and some vine tomatoes. With a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up home cooked brunch in less than 30 minutes. 


So what's in my cup today? Earl grey lavender tea. 


A thoroughly pleasant brunch at the comfort of home. 



GORDON RAMSAY'S SCRAMBLED EGGS
(serves one)

2 large eggs
1/2 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp whipping cream (or milk)
salt and pepper

Break the eggs into small, heavy-based saucepan and add the butter and salt. 
Place over a medium-high heat, and stir the eggs together with a wooden spoon. 
Once mixed, leave the eggs on the heat for a few seconds, and then stir again. Repeat the process over the heat and remove from heat motion until they begin to set, till they are just at the stage where they are not quite as cooked as you like them as they will continue to cook slightly afterwards. 
Remove pan from the heat, stir in the whipping cream and serve immediately.

You can watch Gordon Ramsay's video if you haven't already. Yay to my first attempt on scrambled eggs. I love LOVE scrambled eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment